On average, it costs about $15,000 to $20,000 to train a service dog. Pro-Train, the training center that I will be getting a dog from has asked me to raise $11,000. The cost breakdown that I have been given is as follows:
* Dog --- $2500
* Advanced obedience including training equipment --- $1500
* Public Access Training --- $1000
* Guide training with rigid handle harness --- $4000
* Brace on command, counter-balance work (included)
* Retrieve with laser pointer --- $1000
* 4-5 day handlers course --- $1000
I've decided the best way to tackle the fundraising is to do it in steps. So in starting out, my current goal is $2,500 for the dog.
There are a few ways you can help if you are interested in helping with fundraising efforts. The most helpful way is of course to donate*, which you can do via Paypal by clicking the "donate" button on the right of this blog or by emailing me at kahvie (at) gmail.com if you'd like to send cash or check. Another way you can help is to inform others about this blog (just please don't mass spam people:P). Lastly, and the method I'd prefer, would be to purchase original artwork that I plan on selling here whenever possible.
Every cent counts, and all donations are greatly appreciated! Thank you!
*Pro-Train is not a non-profit organization